Darkness Saves Me Banner

Monday, October 12, 2015

Review: Starfire #1

This issue opens up with Starfire telling a sheriff her life story. We find out that Starfires name is koriand'r and she has an older sister named Komand'r who became the new ruler where her parents died in an attack from another ailen race. That's gotta suck. Komand'r surrenders so her people can live. The aliens who won turned Kori into a slave. Note to self never join a bunch of people who just want peace or we'll lose if we ever get in a fight with someone who doesn't want peace. Anyways we learn that Kori made friends with the other slaves and started a revolt that got her off that planet thus bringing her to ours after she got a ship and escaped. Well that was definitely a long introduction. Feel like I just read the first chapter of a book. Next Kori shows sheriff gomez that she can fly... wait is she really that open about everything she can do? I mean superman is an ailen and superhero yet he doesn't fly himself to work. Next we see Kori and the sheriff go to a jewelry store where Kori gets three big ones for some of the jewls she has. No not three big elephants Kori. Also if you tried to put three big elephants where your pockets are your pants wouldn't stay on for long and some guys would get a nice show. Next we see Kori and the sheriff go to a bar. Would acohal have the same affect on aliens as it does on humans? That's all I could think of when I read these panels. We see to guys get in a fight over Kori which causes her to use her starbolt. I'm guessing that's what it was. Also I'd still let her stay at my place rent free after that. What can I say I like tough women... stop staring at me like that. Next we see Kori buy some new clothes which causes the sheriff to flip out cause they're not pants. Hey I agree with the clothes guy it'd be a sin to hide legs like that. Hey at least I'm not staring at her jugs like most the geeks have done while reading this issue. Next we see Kori and the sheriff go to some old ladys house that's letting Kori stay in a trailer. If I seen any sign of hillbillies or rednecks in the next few issues I'll flip a bitch. Anyways we see Kori making out with Boone the old ladys grandson I'm guessing. Wait how is him kissing her saying he's always horny? It's not like he was groping her breast while they made out or had his fingers in a certain area. Next we see Kori take a shower and give Boone a surprise after she's done. See he's not horny he went and got her another towel to cover up her jugs and other stuff. This issue ends with the power going out and Kori going outside and yelling x'hal. Who's x'hal? Artwork was pretty good. Story wise pretty good definitely a fun read. I give this issue a 10 out of 10. I wonder how many geeks cried that they didn't get to see Kori naked in the shower.

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment