Darkness Saves Me Banner

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Review: Justice League Gods And Monsters #1 ( Batman )

This issue opens up with a drunk man yelling at his wife and hitting her. Definitely not gonna be your average superhero book. Next we see Batman kill him and the mans wife try to kill Batman. Really why? Guess he should have let him keep hitting you or worse like he had planned. We find out that this Batman is a vampire. As if his fangs and him drinking someones blood didn't give you that clue already. We also find out his real name is Kirk Langstrom and that his parents live in Alaska or somewhere cold and aren't rich. We also learn that his dad hates him for going to gotham and following his dreams. I hate when parents do that. I mean heck there supposed to tell you to go forward with your dreams. Sadly I've had my parents tell me my dreams will get me nowhere so I understand how Kirk feels. Anyways Kirk meets his first girlfriend back in his old hometown and throws her husband out the cafe window. I would've done the same thing after how the guy treated him. Next we see Kirk find a ski mask and use that to hide his identity while he kills everyone who commits crimes.  Dude don't kill them all. I don't think it'll be good to kill them all cause then you'd have to steal blood or kill inocent people to stop the hunger. Anyways we meet Lew Moxon a crime lord who... wait did he make a guy shoot himself by telling him what a failure he was or was that some kind of power? Batman ends up killing Lew and all his men. Kirk ends up becoming friends with Jeremy Lews son and works with him to find a cure. I have the feeling that might come to bite Kirk in the ass at some point. Next we see Jeremys mother die and Batman kill more bad guys to try and figure out who's after Jeremy. Hold on is one of Lews men really getting up out of his grave. Run the dead have risen! After Batman kills Joe Chill he tells Jeremy that he knows that he was the crime boss trying to take his fathers place. See knew him becoming friends with Jeremy would bite him in the ass. This issue ends with Batman killing Jeremy. Artwork was good. Story wise pretty good. Definitely an interesting take on Batman. I give this issue a 10 out of 10. Remember if you try and cure yourself of cancer and turn yourself into a vampire just drink the blood of animals I mean unless you want to become a murderous vampire then go ahead and kill a ton of people.

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment