Darkness Saves Me Banner

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review: Spider-Gwen #1

This issue opens up with the Bodega Bandit robbing the dollar dog... wait is he robbing the place with a corn dog? Cause to me that's what it looks like he's doing. I mean if he is is the clerk afraid of corn dogs or judt alergic to them? Next we see Gwen Stacy wake up late for work. Hey no worries Gwen I've done that once or twice. We see Spider-Gwen jumping from car to car trying to avoid the police while trying to get to work. Note to self never have police chasing me while I'm going to work. Anyways we see Gwen trying to think of the right thing to say to her boss so he won't fire her. Oh hey there he is. Gwen ask him what's wrong. Well you see I- I got robbed by the Bodega Bandit. He had a corn dog pointed at me and it scared the shit out of me so I let him have all the money. And also some giant lizard attacked the place so ya I'm a loser of a boss. Next we see Spider-Gwen go to her high school looking for answers. We see Spider-Gwen have flashbacks of when her and Peter talked at lunch. Harry Osborn ask Gwen Stacy to the dance which pisses Peter off. I hate when guys want a girl but don't ask them out so when you do they get all butt hurt like someone shoved a two by four up their ass and blame you for taking their girl when she isn't even his. Anyways we see Peter get punched in the gut and start to transform into the giant lizard. Next we see Spider-Gwen go down in the sewers with corn dogs and get attacked by a bunch of giant lizards. This issue ends with someone saving Spider-Gwen. Artwork was pretty good. Story wise pretty good can't wait to read issue two :). I give this issue a 10 out of 10. The opening to this issue still confuses me. I mean does anyone else see him robbing the place with a corn dog or am I not seeing the gun?

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment