Darkness Saves Me Banner

Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Red Thorn #1

This issue opens up with a girl in the cemetery ripping up drawings. I'm guessing she's goth or a sadist and think that by going into the cemetery and ripping up drawing is an offering to the dark lord... no not Obama. The devil you idiot. Though Obama and Trump could both be the devil. Next we see the same red headed chick from the start of the issue in Scotland looking for answers about her sister Laurens disappearance. I have to say Isla Mackintosh is pretty hot for a red head and a goth or sadist. Sadly I dated a sadist in high school and still love her even after everything that's happened. We see Isla drawing while riding a train and explaining to the audience how anything or anyone she draws come to life. Wait her drawings kill people. Why the fuck is she still drawing then?! We see Isla at a bar where she meets some guy named Alec. Alec and Isla walk around town... did anyone else see that creepy troll under the bridge? Isla and Alec break into some place and get in trouble. Note to anyone who is drunk and in a relationship don't break into a place when you're drunk with your boyfriend or girlfriend cause it's dumb and you will get caught. We see Isla draw a picture of a cop asleep with his thumb in his mouth. I take it she's stupid and wants this cop to start killing people. Oh sure have sex after drawing him that'll definitely make you feel good when he wakes up and kills people. For fuck sakes she's still drawing after she just had sex. Oh look it's that troll from the bridge giving Isla a book full of drawings that her sister drew. This issue ends with where the story started and Isla telling the audience that her drawings had already awoken some guy named Thorn. Artwork was pretty good. Story wise pretty good. I give this issue a 10 out of 10. No Isla don't draw me I don't want to go on a killing spree. I'll make sure to always give this series a 10 out of 10 if you don't draw me or just stop drawing all together.

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment