Darkness Saves Me Banner

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Interview #19: With Avigaming

So a few months ago I did an interview with the amazingly beautiful Avigaming. She's pretty awesome you should definitely read the interview and then check out all her links. She deserves it :).

1: What got you into gaming?

Avigaming: My older brother used to make me play games with him since it was just us two kids in the family. At first I wasn't much of a fan, but overtime I found myself really enjoying some of the games. After years of playing my brothers consoles and games I finally started to beg my Mother for my own console. I can't remember the exact year, but I was probably around 7 years old, that Christmas I finally got my very own N64. That was when my gaming addiction truly started.

2: What made you decide to start up a YouTube channel?

Avigaming: Around 2004 I installed an internal capture card into my computer and I started making a lot of really pointless and random Halo 2 videos. I found a lot of enjoyment in making stupid videos and sharing them with my friends. I watched so many videos of people on YouTube doing the same thing just on a much bigger scale. Sharing their videos, their personalities, and their enjoyment with the world. For so long I wanted to start my own channel, but I just didn't know how to get into it. I didn't have the equipment or the knowledge of what it took to make a quality channel. My only true regret with YouTube is that it took me so long to finally dive in. It wasn't until July of 2011 when I finally made my YouTube channel "AviGaming."

3: What is your favorite thing about making these gaming videos on YouTube?

Avigaming: Seeing the reactions in the comments, the likes, the views, just the overall interaction with people online. I love seeing the little community within my channel grow. Seeing the loyal people in my fan base becoming friends with others within it. It's a really cool feeling seeing all that. It's surreal sometimes just how many people watch my videos. It often blows my mind just looking at my subscriber count and lifetime views. Being a girl on the internet and even more so, being a girl who plays video games on the internet, I just expected a lot more hateful comments. I do sometimes receive very sexist and disgusting comments, but not as much as I thought I would. I am truly thankful for all the support I have been given from my viewers, my favorite thing is them.

4: Is there anything else you'd like to do with your channel in the future?

Avigaming: I'd love to expand it! Posting more content more often and better quality content as well. Maybe some exclusive stuff, maybe interviews with gaming industry people. I really would love to do collabs with bigger YouTubers as well. I'd like to bring my voice acting somehow into my channel, maybe my own animated series or something. There are endless ideas and possibilities for YouTube channels. It's such an open platform for people you can really take it anyway you can imagine. I guess we will see what comes to fruition!

5: Do you plan on doing this for the rest of your life?

Avigaming: I don't think YouTube will forever be as big as it is now. So realistically, I do not think this is a lifelong career path for me. However, I do hope it lasts for a long time. The adult in me has thought about the future of YouTube and I am prepared to take my career in another path if the time comes.

6: Do you do anything else besides making gaming videos on YouTube?

Avigaming: I am assuming you mean career wise and yes, I do! I am getting my foot in the door in the voice acting world. I have taken on ten plus projects in the last six months and I am also taking voice over coaching lessons from a wonderfully talented voice over artist/coach. I am also finishing up school.

7: Have you met any friends doing this?

Avigaming: Yes, I have met a lot of really cool people! Some are loyal viewers I've had since the start and some are fellow YouTubers such as LaurenzSide and Johnny Nacis.

8: Do you consider yourself famous? If not would you love to be famous someday?

Avigaming: I get called famous quite often and I always deny that. My real life friends even joke about it sometimes. I do believe that some YouTubers are famous, but I still consider myself a small fish in a giant ocean. Being famous isn't why I do YouTube and honestly part of me is kind of scared to ever be famous. When you are in that kind of spotlight you get a lot of unwanted attention. If the time ever comes and I am actually considerably well known then it will be an interesting experience I'm sure.

9: What character in any game would you date and why?

Avigaming: Kaidan Alenko from Mass Effect. He is basically the perfect man in almost all ways and I feel no shame admitting that. The brilliant way Mass Effect's story is told really made me love that character along with the majority of the other characters. Plus, he's got some nice pixels if I do say so myself.

10: Have you met anyone famous or interesting making videos?

Avigaming: I haven't met them in person, but yes, I've spoken to a lot of really amazing people because of YouTube. Not only people, but also company's have noticed me because of my channel. I feel very thankful for that!

11: What is your gamer score?

Avigaming: Last time I checked it was around 43,000. *flexes*

12: Do you have any advice for someone that wants to start up a YouTube channel doing gaming?

Avigaming: I would tell them to look at other channels of people posting the kind of content they wish to post. Then learn from them, see the kinds of things they do. You shouldn't copy anyone, you need your own special thing to attract people. It's just a good way to get started. Then you need the appropriate equipment and a lot of dedication! Good luck!

13: Where can people find you on the internet?

Avigaming: I am all over the interwebs! Here is a list of my links: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AviGaming Twitter: https://twitter.com/Avi_Gaming Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AviGaming Personal Website: http://www.sarasecora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment