Darkness Saves Me Banner

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Interview #18: With Comic Book Corner 2.0

So a month ago I did an interview with Comic Book Corner 2.0 also known as Mike Spider Slayer. Please read and make sure to check out all his links he deserves it. Hope you guys enjoy :).

1: How'd you get into comics?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I got into comics with a small group of friends. One of my best friends was a huge Turtles Fan. the Original Eastman and       Laird Black and White Comics from Mirage Studios. It all started with us going to comic stores trying to find those rare    issues I loved that thrill and that is how the Obsession began.

2: What made you decide to start up a YouTube channel based around comics?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: My Sister n Law bought a 20.00 Webcam because she was going out of state so we could keep in touch. I was writing comic reviews on Comicvine and when I got that camera I thought it would be different to do videos instead. Me the dumb ass thought I was the only one doing comic Reviews on You Tube. Boy was I wrong. Even though so many people were doing it. I still had a lot more fun and more interaction with people.

3: How long has your YouTube channel been around?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I started off with my Original You Tube Channel Comic Book Corner. That was 3 Years ago and did very well. However March of 2013 I wanted to Reboot my Channel. I had to sacrifice all those subs. and start over. However if it made it a better channel then it was worth it. So the New Channels name is called Comic Book Corner 2.0  and in 14 months time I have almost 1400 Subs.

4: Is this something you'd do for the rest of your life?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: Absolutely I would love to do this for the rest of my life. If some how I could make this a career I would do it in a heart beat. I love helping people make a decision on what comics to buy.

5: Do you have a favorite comic that you've reviewed? If so why is it your favorite?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I do actually 3  memorable reviews. The Walking Dead #100. Also Amazing Spider-Man # 700 and finally the review I will never forget, was Justice League New 52 #1 that was my very first Comic Book Review. I remember the Video did not get a ton of hits Maybe 26 at most LOL. However people loved the style I reviewed the Issue and it made an Impact on the Viewers. One Viewer loved it so much he made me an intro for my videos sense I was just getting started on my channel. Also he was my first Sub.

 6: Is there anything else you'd like to do besides reviewing comics?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I watch Football. Favorite Team is The Miami Dolphins. I grew up In south Florida. Also I teach Tennis. One of the best Jobs to have in the World. Love to watch Movies too.

7: What is your favorite thing about being part of the YouTube channel comic frontline?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: The best thing is that I have met a lot of Great People in The Industry Also have made great Friendships in our Group and I could not trade that for the world.

8: Do you consider yourself famous? If not would you love to be famous someday?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I do not consider myself famous in any way shape or Form. I am just a guy who reviews comics. Would I l like to be famous? Hell yea I would, Tony Stark Style!!

9: Who is your favorite comic character and why?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: My favorite Character is Spider-Man just for the reason he is a very Relatable  Character. Also Amazing Spider-Man was the first ongoing that I collected each month. The first Issue I bought was Amazing Spider-Man #313. The cover was Amazing and it was during Todd McFarlanes run. Ever sense that Issue I was hooked.

10: Have you made lots of friends reviewing comics and being part of comic frontline?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: Oh Yea The Whole Frontline crew is Like my family. I love them very much.  Plus all of the viewers that watch my channel I have been talking to them for a while now. The coolest thing is making friends with Creators.

11: Are you more of a DC fan or Marvel or maybe a bit of both?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: I am a Huge Marvel Fan. However Sense the New 52 came out it gave me a chance to dive into the new DC Universe and learn more about the Company.

12: Out of all the girls in the comic universes which one would you date and why?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: Mary Jane by Far. Great good old Girl Next Girl. PLUS SHE IS HOT!! However if there was a bad girl it would be Black Cat. Reason because she is that Mysterious Bad girl that attracts you to her.

13: Where can people find you on the internet?

Comic Book Corner 2.0: They can find me on My You Tube Channel:  Comic Book Corner 2.0 All my other Links are on that Channel.

1 comment:

  1. This was totally awesome thank you for doing this. I had so much fun with the Interview.

    ReplyDelete