Darkness Saves Me Banner

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Interview #12: With Lilly

So at the start of the year I did an interview with the pretty Lilly also known as the writer for the webcomic Dark White. Hope you enjoy the interview :).

1: What is your name?

Lilly: My name is Lillian Aguilar. Lilly to my friends.

2: What got you started in making your own webcomic?

Lilly: I've had an idea for Dark White since I was in junior high. I’d just keep drawing the same characters over and over. Eventually I started making a continuing story about them and that morphed into my comic.

3: Have you met anyone famous making a webcomic?

Lilly: I've met a few artist that I admire while I've gone to conventions. But I've seen them as a regular guest and not as an exhibitor. Mostly I was a big gooey fan-girl.

4: Do you go to a lot of conventions? If so do you have a favorite?

Lilly: I've just started doing conventions and I’m still getting the hang of it. Since I’m so new at it, I don’t want to pick a favorite and piss anyone off…. I’ll just say I love all conventions equally.

5: Do you make a decent amount of money off your webcomic?

Lilly: Oh no.  I've been running at a loss since I've started. Hopefully someday the comic will support itself, but It makes me happy so I keep doing it.

6: Is this something you'd do for the rest of your life?

Lilly: Yes. I want to see this story finished.

7: Have you made any new friends making your webcomic?

Lilly: I've met a few. Hopefully I will meet many more.

8: Have you met a lot of interesting people doing a webcomic?

Lilly: Yes.  I've meet some great people at conventions. A lot of exhibitors have years of experience and have given me some wonderful advice. Everyone has been very supportive.

9: How do you normally come up with ideas for your webcomic?

Lilly: I honestly have no idea. That sounds so lame. I wish I had a good answer for that. Allows me to make something up:

I have an idea-tree that grows in my back garden. Every summer I harvest its fruit and use it to make idea-jam. You can make your own idea-tree by cross breeding a mango with the red fire cactus that grows in the mountains of the sun. Idea-jam is great on toast.

10: How'd you come up with the idea for this webcomic?

Lilly: I have a lot of old sketchbooks with these characters. I've been with them so long it feels like I know them. I wanted to combine my two favorite genres, fantasy and horror, to write something about them. The idea-tree helped.

11: Do you have a favorite character in your webcomic?

Lilly: They’re all favorites but for different reasons. I like Ramses because I like the journey he goes on. I like Oracle and seeing him grow as a character. And I like Vega, because he’s so damn fun to draw.

12: I've read your book and I've seen that you can buy printed copies. Is there any way I could get a singed one?

Lilly: Yup! At the time of this writing, all copies of my books get a signature.

13: Any future plans for this series?

Lilly: War! And I can’t wait!

14: Do you have any other ideas for a new webcomic you'd like to make?

Lilly: Not really. I’ll probably just keep writing different versions of Dark White for the rest of my life. Like all the different versions of Tenchi Muyo. But with werewolves.

15: Where can people find you on the internet?

Lilly: You can find my webcomic at:
http://www.darkwhitecomic.com/
My facebook page with news about updates:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-White/316662712102
And here’s my twitter:
https://twitter.com/DarkWhiteComic

No comments:

Post a Comment