Darkness Saves Me Banner

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Interview #11: with False Positive

So two months ago I did an interview with the creator of False Positive. Hope you enjoy :).

1: How many years has false positive been around?

False Positive: False Positive launched in fall of 2011.

2: Who is the creator of false positive?

False Positive: Me, Big Mike Walton.

3: How exactly did you get the ideas for false positive?

False Positive: I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to contribute to DC Comics’ now defunct, digital imprint, Zuda, with my own comic, Dual.  After Zuda was extinguished, I decided I wanted to continue making  webcomics.  I have more story ideas than I will ever have time to share, but delivering some of them as short webcomics in the form of an anthology seemed like a good way to bring a sampling of my story concepts to light.

4: I've read some of the stories and I love them. What's your favorite one that you've written?

False Positive: False Positive gives me a sandbox where I get to play with my favorite things: comics, horror, fantasy, & science fiction.  With each story I secretly experiment a little and the results vary.  I definitely think some stories have been executed better than others, but I don’t think I could pick a favorite.

5: How many more stories do you have planned for this series?

False Positive: I’ve never counted all the stories I’ve got in the bank.  If I kept doing it for the rest of my life, I wouldn’t be able to tell all the stories I’d like to tell.  I’ll keep doing False Positive as long as I can make time for it.

6: Have you met anyone famous doing false positive?

False Positive: I don’t think so.  

Somehow, Warren Ellis stumbled upon FP and he was kind enough to tweet and blog a few kind words about it.

7: Have you met any interesting people doing false positive? Or any friends?

False Positive: I’ve exhibited at few cons and met thousands of cool like-minded people.

8: Do you consider yourself famous? If not would you like to be?

False Positive: No.  Only insomuch as it might help facilitate telling more stories or sharing those stories with more folks.

9: Will there be prints for this series?

False Positive: Maybe.  Probably.  False Positive is currently just a side project.  Right now, all the time I dedicate to FP goes toward generating content.

10: What is your favorite thing about doing false positive?

False Positive: Writing the stories is definitely the best part of working on False Positive.   I also love the variety of stories I get to tell.

11: Do you guys go to any conventions?

False Positive: We’ve done 3 so far.  This year, we only have 1 on the schedule.

12: Where can people find you guys on the internet?

False Positive: http://www.falsepositivecomic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment