Darkness Saves Me Banner

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Interview #16: With Mr. J's Comic Reviews

So a few weeks ago I did an interview with Mr. J's Comic Reviews. Here is the interview. Hope you enjoy :).

1: What got you interested in comics?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Well it was mostly my family my dad and my uncles are really into comics and anime so I kinda just picked it from them. Plus I'm a 90s kid so I grew up watching all the great superhero cartoons X-Men the Animated series Spider-Man Batman etc.

2: How long have you been doing reviews on YouTube?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: I've been reviewing comics for about a year and a half and I love it.

3: What is your favorite thing about doing the reviews?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Now that's a tough question. I'd have to say my favorite thing about doing reviews is getting feedback and hearing from some of my viewers that my review got them into a series or got them to avoid a bad comic. That's really why I do reviews in the first place.

4: Is there something you want to do in the future?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: I'm working on publishing my own original comic/comic universe. I've been writing for a while but my artist has been busy.

5: Have you met any interesting people doing reviews?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Comic Uno was the first comic book reviewer I watched on YouTube and eventually I was able to contact her, we became very good friends and have worked together a lot. I've also gotten comments from Pat Shand on some of my reviews. He's a writer for the independent comic company Zenescope he's a really awesome guy and great writer. I highly recommend his Robyn Hood series.

6: What is your favorite tv show or comic book that you're reviewing and why?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: My favorite tv show I'm reviewing is Teen Wolf. I love reviewing it because the fandom is just so awesome I can always count on tons of feedback from fellow Teen Wolf fans and great theories, plus it's a show that keeps you on the edge of your seat. As for comic book I'd say Ultimate Spider-Man. Around the time the ultimate universe came around I wasn't really as into marvel as I used to be and ultimate Spider-Man brought me back. That series is great and has so much heart even if Peter isn't around. I love Miles Morales as a character and I can't wait for that series to start back up again.

7: Do you have a favorite comic universe? If so which one and why?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Don't really have a favorite comic universe I love both. I started in Marvel but I love both.

8: What are your goals for the future?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Mt goals for the future are just expanding my channel getting more people involved and trying to do more podcasts, because those are a lot of fun. One of my biggest goals is to reach 1.000 subs on YouTube one day.

9: Which girl in the DC universe would you date and why?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: Stephanie Brown Batgirl. She's funny, pretty, smart, and skilled. Not to mention she's think she'd just be an all around fun person to hangout with. There's never a dull moment with Stephanie. If you had said marvel that would've been easy too, MJ Watson. I'd wanna date her for all the same reasons combined with the fact that I have a weakness for red heads.

10: Where can people find you on the internet?

Mr. J's Comic Reviews: My Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/JALGhul Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/MrJsComicReview  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/JALGhul

No comments:

Post a Comment