Darkness Saves Me Banner

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Interview #14: With Comic Uno

So last month I interviewed the very beautiful Kat aka Comic Uno. Read and enjoy :).

1: What is your name?

Comic Uno: 1. Kat

2: What got you into reading comics?

Comic Uno: 2. My dad got me into comics as a kid. He collected the old silver age DC books, which is weird since I grew up as a Marvel fan. My dad use to sit my brother and I on the couch and read comics to us. I use to love following the adventures and when I got older I created a comic book collection of my own.

3: How'd you get into reviewing comics?

Comic Uno: 3. I started reviewing comic books in 2010. I was part of site called Comic Vine. The two head writers of the site at the time were Sara ("Babs") and Tony ("G-man"). They use to do video reviews and my friend, Luke, came up with the idea to do our own video reviews. We posted the videos on Youtube and called our show Comic Duo. After a few months my friend fell out of comics and didn't want to do video reviews any more. I still loved doing reviews so I decided to make a new show called Comic Uno.

4: What is your favorite comic series of all time?

Comic Uno: 4. This is an easy question for me, Spider-girl. This is a series that I can read over and over again and never get tired of the series. Mayday Parker is my favorite superhero of all time and a character that I look up to. She may be an underdog, but she proves herself time and time again. She has the attributes of her mother and father.

5: How'd you become a part of comic frontline?

Comic Uno: 5. We just started up Comic Frontline in February, but previously we had a YouTube channel called DarkAvengerINC. We decided it would be better for the group to reboot our channel to Comic Frontline. I joined DarkAvengerINC and the current Comic Frontline crew back in August 2012. I was one of the early members. Mike Spider Slayer was a founding member and we knew each other from our Comic Vine days. He invited me to the group and we all just clicked from there.

6: Do you have a favorite comic that you've reviewed?

Comic Uno: 6. My favorite comic I reviewed has to be Amazing Spider-man #700. It is my most viewed comic review and it is the issue with the death of Spider-man and the beginning of Superior Spider-man. I had a lot of opinions with this issue since I am a really big Spider-man fan. BlackNerdComedy made a video on his channel talking about the Death of Spider-man and promoted my video. I still can't thank Andre enough for the exposure.

7: Is there a certain series that you'd recommend to the readers?

Comic Uno: 7. There are a lot of series that I love that I feel went under the radar, but a current series I would recommend is Batgirl. This has to be my favorite ongoing series and Gail Simone is doing a great job with the character. Love that Babs is back in the Batgirl cowl. I always liked her better as Batgirl. One of the good changes, in my opinion, with the New 52.

8: Do you plan on doing this for the rest of your life?

Comic Uno: 8. I hope so.

9: Have you met anyone famous reviewing comics and being part of comic front line?

Comic Uno: 9. Yes I have actually had a lot of opportunities to meet people I look up to because of Comic Uno and Comic Frontline. At New York Comic Con I was able to review Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey of Teen Wolf, the cast of Mob City which includes some people from Heroes, and the cast of Sleepy Hollow. In the comic book industry I have been able to interview Tom Defalco, my favorite comic book writer and the writer of Spider-girl. My biggest interview had to be with Greg Weisman. I created an event celebrating Young Justice called Life after YJ. I was able to get some popular Young Justice reviewers and Greg Weisman himself on the show. It was a great experience!

10: Have you met any interesting people doing this? Or any friends?

Comic Uno: 10. I have made a lot of close friends through YouTube. Of course, this includes everyone at Comic Frontline. They are like a second family to me and we talk every day to each other. I have also met some great people in the comic book community of YouTube. Lastly, some great comic book and web creators.

11: How many conventions have you gone to?

Comic Uno: 11. I have been to a good amount of comic conventions. I have been going to New York Comic Con every year since 2008. I have gone as an exhibiter, a regular badge holder, and for the past couple of years as press. I have also been to San Diego Comic Con twice and that is a great experience. Hope to go again soon! I plan on going to the Special New York Comic Con in June, which will be a convention only for comics. Very excited about that and hope to meet some more comic creators.

12: Do you have a favorite convention?

Comic Uno: 12. I love both New York Comic Con and San Diego Comic Con. They both bring different enjoyment as a entertainment and comic book fan.

13: Do you consider yourself famous? If not would you love to be famous and why?

Comic Uno: 13. I don't consider myself famous. I think I am some what popular in the comic book community, but yeah far from famous. I just like that I am able to reach to people with my opinions on media and comic books. But it does feel cool when I go to conventions and I run into viewers and they recognize my show. The coolest experience had to be when I went to the Spider-man panel at New York Comic Con. I went up to ask a question and Dan Slott recognized my show.

14: Who in the DC universe would you date?

Comic Uno: 14. Probably Superboy of the Pre New 52. He is pretty good looking and I do like his attitude towards things.

15: Where can people find you on the Internet?

Comic Uno: 15. You can find me on my personal channel, Haydenclaireheroes. My show is known as Comic Uno. You can also find me on my group channel on Comic Frontline. I am on some social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. My twitter handle is @ComicUno and my Facebook like page is ComicUnoReviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment