Darkness Saves Me Banner

Monday, April 13, 2015

Interview #25 With Katie Gwen

So yesterday or Saturday I interviewed Katie Gwen here is the interview enjoy :).

1: What got you into cosplay?

Katie Gwen: 1.) A while back, I had a group of friends that were really interested and into cosplay. Since I had already been part of a Bofer (spelling? haha) Room back in Appleton, WI Kitsune Con, I had already started getting Ren Faire gear. I started out wearing corsets and dressing like an assassin and it just went from there. It was the mixture of both worlds.

2: How long have you cosplayed?

Katie Gwen: 2.) I haven’t been cosplaying long at all. Roughly 2 years I’d say.

3: What advice could you give to someone who wants to start cosplaying?

Katie Gwen: 3.) Just do it. I was held back forever because I was really nervous about getting into it. With that, know that no matter what, you’re beautiful and perfect at your cosplay. There’s too much body shaming within the community and really, no matter your shape or size, your beauty is measured by your passion and excitement. Just dive in and have a good time.

4: Besides cosplay do you do anything else?

Katie Gwen: 4.) Yes I do. I am currently a social media intern at JBTV in Chicago and I also do social media for a couple bands around the city. Huge music geek.

5: Would you do this for the rest of your life?

Katie Gwen: 5.) Yes, definitely. Age is not a factor. I can’t wait to be old and able to cosplay the Grannie from Looney Tunes honestly.

6: Do you consider yourself to be famous? If not would you like to be famous someday?

Katie Gwen: 6.) Not at all. There are so many more fabulous, well known cosplayers. I would love it one day, but until then it’s awesome to have such role models to look up to in the community.

7: Do you have a favorite character you've cosplayed as? If so who and why?

Katie Gwen: 7.) Yes! That would be my first real cosplay, Ramona Flowers. She is one of my all time favorite female characters and every time someone recognizes the cosplay, they’re the coolest people. Scott Pilgrim fans are just ultimately beautiful individuals.

8: Have you made many friends doing cosplay?

Katie Gwen: 8.) Most definitely. Just recently I got to do a fun edit with a friend for Spike and Faye from Cowboy Bebop. You get to meet so many cool people all over. It’s actually overwhelming how amazing and supportive everyone is.

9: What is your favorite thing about cosplaying?

Katie Gwen: 9.) My favorite thing about cosplaying is the chance of dressing up and being someone else. It’s the opportunity to have fun in a healthy way and escape some of every day stress of being yourself. It’s like wig on and my stress goes away. I mean if I can dress to the feeling I can fight crime, I can take charge of my life.

10: Where can people find you on the internet?

Katie Gwen: 10.) People can find me everywhere! 

I am gwentenalienforce on Instagram

@Gwentenalien4ce on Twitter

and gwen10alienforce on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment