Darkness Saves Me Banner

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Review: Starve #1

This issue opens up with a drunk man yelling something and getting yelled at by his friends telling him that his accent sucks. Would everyone just shut up and stop yelling at each other! Next Gavin Cruikshank tells us about the stuff he drinks, smokes and eats. Oh great now I feel like I'm watching one of those cooking shows. Next some guy calls Gavin telling him that the network is basically fucked. So pretty much how the world will be in the next five years or so. And don't give me that crap that if we elect a better president that it'll make life better. Next we see some guy get out of a plane and have Gavin sign a book that he wrote. So basically people in the future will waste a lot of gas for stupid shit. Note never become one of those people ever. The guy who had Gavin sign his book puts him on a plane to newark so he can film eight more episodes of his show starve. Wait so this book is basically like a cooking show mixed with the hunger games. I've never seen hunger games but I heard it's bad and kinda like twighlight in the drama aspect. Next we see Gavin go to his wifes home and find his daughter Angie when he knocks on the door. Dang she's pretty. We meet Gavins wife who seems like she stuck her head way to far up her ass. Yes Gavin came out of the closet but he gave you pretty much everything so be happy. Next we meet Angies godfather Roman who got a restraining order from Angies mom. I take it he did something stupid and evil. This issue ends with Gavin on his cooking show eating raw dog meat. Artwork was pretty good. Story wise ok I've got the second issue so if I don't like that one I won't buy the first volume when it comes out. I give this issue a 8 out of 10. I think I just barfed in my mouth a little when Gavin ate the raw dog meat.

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment