Darkness Saves Me Banner

Monday, January 25, 2016

Review: Harley Quinn & Power Girl #1

This issue opens up with Harley Quinn and Power Girl coming through a teleportation ring and landing on a moon. Yes I decided to read this miny series first then continue the regular Harley Quinn series. Anyways Harley Quinn ends up barfing on an alien bug. Note to self never go through a teleportation ring after you eat. Next Harley Quinn and Power Girl meet an alien named Sleezox who is a mix between Yoda and that creature in the lord of the ring movies who always has a dipper on. Harley Quinn and Power Girl make him mad enough to unleash his creature on them which eats Power Girl. Rest in- ok she's not dead she just tore herself out of one. Harley goes to the creepy aliens hut and gets some weapons on her arms that she uses against the multi-headed monster. After Harley defeats the monster she shoots Power Girl and sends her flying into a giant robot head. We see the giant robot head scan Harley and Power Girl granting them access inside the love nest. Oh that bed right there is where all the love happens oh and so is that kitchen over there might want to wipe the counters down before you eat something off of it. Harley Quinn guesses the right cologne that is in the ship which is also Vartoxs favorite. Next we see Vartox in some machine while some guy tells him his evil plans. Why do villans always do that when they have a hero hostage. Here let me tell you my master plan and how I'm going to achieve it cause I assume you'll either die from me telling you or die sometime after I tell you. I don't know right now all I know is I'm to lazy to just kill you so I'll tell you everything. The ship starts to take Harley Quinn and Power Girl to Vartox but ends up getting shot down. Next Harley and Power Girl meet some guy that ends up getting his head shot of by Harley. See why I'd want her on my side in a fight. We meet some guy named Groovicus Mellow who knows Power Girl.  This issue ends with the forces of Oreth Odeoxs forces attacking Harley Quinn and Power Girl. Artwork was pretty good. Story wise pretty good. I give this issue a 10 out of 10. I hope that guy who was a mix between Yoda and the creature who always wears a dipper in the lord of the rings died cause he was ugly and I'd hate to see his face in future issues.

Sites to check out:
www.dirkmanning.com
www.facebook.com/blackboxtv
www.newcomicday.net
www.superknockedup.com
www.comicfrontline.com
www.amberunmasked.com

Subscribe to me on YouTube it's free :). Follow me on Twitter @Deadm15 and like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadm15fans

No comments:

Post a Comment