Darkness Saves Me Banner

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Review: My Heart Is A Chainsaw

Warning Spoilers Ahead.


Just finished this book and man am I happy and sad at the same time. Didn't start getting into this book and liking Jade till the chapter titled Happy birthday to me. That one really made me like her and care about her. Still feels like she's in her head alot which I didn't like reading even though it did suck me in for a good hour or to. Plus I'm sometimes that way too so I feel like I get her there.


Definitely not my favorite book by Stephen Graham Jones but it is good. My favorite one is still last final girl. Though now I want the second one to be out so I can read it.


Oh yeah read this book around four in the morning and was on the second to last chapter and I almost closed the book when a certain character was getting their face turned into a forever scream. Pretty chilling to read that part at four in the morning. Also I like that description a forever scream.



I highly suggest going out buying this book and reading it. It's really good and needs to be made into a movie at some point. Plus it'll make you happy if you're into slashers or horror movies in general. I give this book a 8 out of 10.


Also make sure to check out Stephen Graham Jones other works and follow him on his socials. Once I find all that info on where you can follow him and whatnot I'll be sure to link it in this review.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment